Monday, 19 July 2010

Week 29 walk - Clip & Foel Penolau, The Rhinogs, Wales.

Week 29's walk was a return to the Rhinogs in Wales - weather was slightly different this time. It was raining, so my camera did not come out as much and the sky was rather cloudy - no stunning blue skies this time. So the photos are rather dull - but do record the day quite well. I did take a couple of other walks last week as well - but the weather was equally wet and dull - so these photos are the best that I got last week - sorry!


Me with one of the 3 geocaches that I found up on the top today.

View from the trig point down to the coast at Harlech.

The twin cairns on top of Clip - it was a very rocky landscape.

Views over to Llyn Trawsfynnedd where I had parked the car.

These mountains are very rocky places - so there was a lot of scrambling involved and walking over from mountain to the next meant quite a lot of negotiation of boggy ground - so it was an interesting day - especially as it included a thunder and lightening storm!

Views of Foel Penolau from Clip

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning scenery Deb and congratulation on finding some more caches. How many are you up to now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your photos- reminds me how much I love Wales. It's a while since we've been aswell.

    We are going to Cornwall soon and I'm hoping to walk along the SW Coastal path for some walks.

    ReplyDelete