Today's walk was back to one of my favourite spots - The Longmynd. I was so lucky that I set out early in the morning as the weather was lovely, because by the time I was finishing - it was becoming quite grey.

I set off from Little Stretton and the walk is a nice steady climb over heathland to the top.

There is a good clear path all the way up.

Heathland looks quite flat - but there are the odd trees dotted about and shaped by the prevailing winds.

Along with the odd tree, there are a few hundred odd sheep as well.

And bizarrely some snow right at the top - I did not know that we had had any yet - but there were quite a few pockets of it.

Coming down is very different as it in a valley - so no open views, but lots of trees , all looking very autumny.

And hawthorne berries.

The path down is fairly good with just a little bit of scrambling over a few easy rocks. The route down follows a stream so it is very pretty.

This gorgeous tree is leaning right over the stream.

And eventually back down to the start, with some glimpses of sun on the Autumn trees.
More super photos Deb. Looks like you had a lovely walk. Love the photo with the three trees and its lovely to see the changing colours of Autumn.
ReplyDelete