Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Week 47 walk - Picklescott, Shropshire.

This week's walk was in Shropshire after a geocache hidden along the Shropshire Way - between Picklescott and Thresholds, near Ratlinghope in South Shropshire. It was a fine November day with clear blue skies, though there was quite a bit of wind chill because I was so high up.The landscape was quite varied from bare harvested fields to lush green meadows.

The Shropshire Way is an official long distance walk across Shropshire - I have walked many parts of it at different times, but never long chunks of it - perhaps that can be my project for next year.
Everywhere looked green and lush - what a difference blue skies make - where were they in August?!!

And gorgeous views in the distance to my beloved Stiperstones - you can just about make out the stone tors on the ridge.

The shine shining on this rotten stump - made even this look lovely today!

I drove home over the track leading to the Stiperstones, but had to stop the car and take these shots of the beautiful views over to where I had just walked.




I have always lived in the town - but often dream of living out here in the isolation of the hills.

The cattle grazing here today were an unusual breed = they had fluffy and hairy coats - love the colours of this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment