Sunday, 14 November 2010

Week 45 walk - Wenlock Edge from Toad Hall

Today's walk was up and along the Shropshire Way on Wenlock Edge and for once I did not have to drive to start my walk - just walked out of my front door!

I have just spent the weekend with a lovely group of friends in a beautiful cottage called Toad Hall nestled right in the middle of the Shropshire Hills.


To call it a cottage does it a disservice - it was a very grand house that sleeps 14 and had been renovated to the most contemporary standards. We spent the weekend laughing, chatting and eating - we had all our meals catered for us and a huge Thornton's chocolate hamper to work through, so it was a very luxurious break.


I started my walk by following this path next to the church and about 25 yards from our accommodation.


The path just climber higher and higher through the woods and when I reached the top was treated to the most gorgeous views over the Shropshire countryside.



I followed the Shropshire Way along through these fields just marvelling at my luck in finding such a beautiful spot tucked away, but right next to where we were staying.


Having walked a fair way along the Shropshire Way - I made my way back down through the woods to Eaton Manor estate and a nice hot bath.


On the way back down I had views over to my favourite Stretton Hills - I think these may be Ragleth and Caradoc.


This is Toad Hall from the way in and ...


...this is the back garden - complete with outdoor dinning for 14 and views over the woods towards the Edge.


There are a few other properties to hire on the estate - this one was the Manor House - equally as grand as Toad Hall.

12 good friends having fun in the South Shropshire counrtyside.

1 comment: