Thursday, 13 May 2010

Week 19 - 2nd walk of the week! The Fells around Newlands Valley, Cumbria.

I know that I have already posted one walk for this week, but as I am up in the Lake District on a walking holiday I cannot miss out the walks over the huge Fells.

Even though we all walked and walked and walked - I had the time of my life. Here I am having a little rest on top of Cat Bells. The steep path of the inimitable Causey Pike clearly visible behind me.

This the the view from my bedroom window of Causey Pike - we knew we were climbing it on Sunday - so it taunted us each morning when we woke up.


Here we are on Sunday heading up towards the sumitt of Causey Pike. It was a steep climb, with a scramble through a narrow rocky gulley at the top - but we all felt a smug feeling of satisfaction once we had done it.
After the steep climb up we had an easier walk along the narrow ridge - the sides had quite a sheer drop though.


But the reward for our exertions - views like this - just gorgeous.



This view is from the top of Castle Crag - a small summit we tackled on Saturday. It was a nice little thing, with an amazing collection of slate sculptures abandoned by the miners when they left.







A great Walking Women holiday - thanks to everyone there who made it it such an enjoyable trip.

2 comments:

  1. Hi deb! Just found your blog again!!! Looks like a really lovely holiday - stunning views. I have tried to do 52 walks, but have not kept up very well I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog- what amazing photos. I haven't been to the Lake District for years- your photos make me want to return there!

    ReplyDelete