Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Week 21 - The Rhinogs, North Wales.

Thelma & I enjoyed a fantastic energetic walk over the Rhinogs, in North Wales. These are a mountain range that I have never walked on before and they were delightful - but rather boggy - but thanks to the recent dry weather - they were quite walkable.


This is the view over to Port Madoc from where we parked the car. I love the clouds hanging over the far mountains.

Our starting point.
We arrived that this rather unusual stone circle - so sat and enjoyed the spectacle whilst having our refreshments. Just look at the beautiful blue sky - we were so lucky with the weather.


As usual - the views of the surrounding mountains were gorgeous - if a bit hazy - the camera does not do it justice - I need to get a better lens.


At the top was this very unusual huge rock formation. We had to scramble to the top of it which was quite fun.



After we made our way down from the mountain - there was just enough time to visit the nearby Harlech. Neither of us had visited since were were at school - so it was a nice reunion. The castle is stunning - no time to explore it though



2 comments:

  1. Stunning shots from the summit. I've not been to Harlech since I was a child either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have spent quite a few holidays in this area as my sil had a caravan in Port Madoc. I love the area. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete