Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Week 20 walk - Arenig Fawr, Mid Wales

Today I returned to Arenig Fawr in Wales. It is a very majestic mountain - but I did not climb all the way to the top today as I had another target in mind - the hill opposite Mynnynd Nodol. But I did climb up as far as the lake. This first photo of the lake is taken from the summit of Mynnyd and the others taken en-route to it.



It was a perfect day to be out - no wind and glorious blue skies.

This is the bothy next to the lake - where you can stay overnight if you don't want to lug your tent over the mountain. Its rather basic - but will keep the elements out and it has a fire place!


Large & impressive rock formation on the way.

After a bit of a steep climb initially - the path is a nice straight forward one.





The view from where I had parked my car.

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful walk- they certainly look a lot more energetic than ours!

    ReplyDelete