Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Week 23 walk - around Shrewsbury Town centre

This week I am without my car, so could not venture far, therefore I walked into Shrewsbury town centre and took a tour of my home town from a tourists point of view. We have lots of Mediaeval black & white buildings which have stood the test of time.
This is the unique St Chads Church.

The lovely Crescent - not a Royal one like in Bath - but still very grand all the same.

The Bear Steps cafe.



Fish Street - one of the small narrow streets, with one of the many Town centre churches in the background.
Charles Darwin Statue outside his old school - now our library.

The castle - a lovely venue for weddings and civil ceremonies.


Old Shrewsbury school - now the library.



Rowleys House mansion - used to be a museum - but now tourist information offices while the Music Hall is being refurbished.

This is the Old Market Hall - I visit it quite often to watch the alternative film shows in the lovely cinema there.




Our lovely town.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos - I only popped in quickly with the boys over Easter after we had been to Acton Scott. Very disappointed with the town centre as I thought it had gone wuite scruffy. All the boys wanted to do was visit Toys r Us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shrewsbury- we've camped there a couple of times and were due to go again over the May Bank Holiday- but had to cancel our plans. We do hope to go again at some point over the summer. I love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete